I opened up my fall issue of Elevate Magazine, all giddy because I was going to see my name in print again, when I couldn't help but notice that my article wasn't there.

Being a writer, the first thing that went through my head was: "Oh, they discovered that the article wasn't that great and ripped it out before anyone else could see it."

Okay, maybe I'm paraphrasing here. ;)

Turns out that Elevate's feature articles ran too long, and instead of reducing my "great article" (editor's words, now being laminated) down to a single page, they will be using it in the winter issue.

What's even cooler about this situation is that I will now have TWO articles appearing in this issue. Of course, that means I have to wait another three months before I can see my byline. I'm sure I can find other things to do in the meantime. :::places portable karaoke machine into handbag:::

I'm not entirely sure when my ten seconds of fame from appearing on You Bet Your Ass will start. It airs Friday nights at 7:30 pm on Canada's Comedy Network. I think my non-winning episode will air on September 29 or October 6.

I've saved the best for last. Homemakers Magazine will be publishing an article by yours truly in their April 2007 issue! This has been one of my big-time "I've finally made it" goals - and I've been assigned another story to do - how cool is that?

:::waits for DH to pull her down from the ceiling:::

:::waits a little longer because he's working on a vintage Vespa in the driveway:::

Oh, did I mention that DH and I will be appearing as a happily married couple on Life Network's Rich Bride, Poor Bride? Oh, that totally came out wrong. LOL

Now I just have to win a trip for two to NYC and my life would be complete. Oops, I meant to say that I'll just have to finish the one pass revision of my manuscript and my life... darn.