My determination and focus have gone off to do some cross-border shopping or are sipping margaritas and snickering in a parallel universe somewhere. So I've been noodling.

In fact, part of my noodling involved catching up on the blogroll, and I was delighted to read Lilith Saintcrow's post on Avoidance over at The Midnight Hour. It's good to know I'm not alone -- and in such talented company. ;)

But I've been a bad, bad person, choosing to work on anything but the WIP or even the Christmas to-do list. It just seems that the older I get, the longer it takes for me to get into the spirit. Perhaps I should become an honorary Ukrainian...

It could be that this year, with the arrival of Zaphod, aka Kitty of Mass Destruction, we have opted to forgo the tree, but we'll still have both sets of parents over for Christmas dinner so that the kitten has new people to attack. ;)

Perhaps what I need to do is be thankful that I have ample opportunities to write. How stay-at-home or working mothers do it, I have no idea. Then again, maybe that's what makes it all work. Does having very little available time mean that they make the most of it?

Could be...but that doesn't mean I'm going to bring home some kids in order to test this theory.

:::mothers everywhere breathe a collective sigh of relief:::

:::DH too:::