Did a wild and crazy thing this week: I put an end to my never-ending contract.

In August 2004, I was brought in to my job on a two month contract. The pay was horrible but I had nothing else going on at the time. Heck, it was just for two months...

Fast-forward to February 2006: the contract just kept on getting renewed. Sure, I've been able to build my portfolio with some cool stuff (all for the same client though), but I've slowly been starting to resent not having a fabulous salary, medical plan or sick days. And don't get me started about the workload.

So I made a choice and told my supervisor and the placement agency that my last day with this current contract will be on March 31, 2006. Yes, without another job to go to. Because if I don't leave soon, I'll turn into a more nasty and frustrated person who'll snarl and spit at any prospective employer who asks:

So, where do you see yourself in five years?
Life is filled with choices. And this one feels like the ideal one for me.

Time left: a month
Prospects: 4
Interviews: 1
Spitting incidents: 0