Yesterday was a hard day for me. I was tempted to revert back to some bad habits (streaking, cross-country ballroom dancing and blindfolded rug-hooking); ones that got me into a mess of trouble the first time around.

And, for some reason, I decided to not cave in and locked myself in my home office to listen to some music...on my turntable. Not only did I add ten pages to my WIP, I also got to reconnect with some of my favourite tunes!

Talk about bonus action. ;)

You know this is when I have to share:


Okay, the graphics may be somewhat a la fromage, but don't you just want to get on board? How is it possible to be cranky when you have this song playing?

Sure, I'm a white chick who can't dance worth a damn, but I can shake what my momma gave me when this song comes on. And it's perfect for karaoke!

Speaking of making a spectacle of yourself...



Okay, if you're not a fan of the movie Fame, I apologize. But if this song ever appears on a karaoke song list, you know I'm totally gonna sign up!

And there's a lesson to be learned here people. If you're really trying to nail an audition, leave the boyfriend at home. ;)

And allow me to leave you with one song that is the beginning, middle and end of my playlist for my current WIP:

Labels: ,