Sorry about the title, I've had that song running through my head since I heard it during the oldies show on the radio yesterday morning. Here's the video so it can play in your head now. Mwahahaha...



Of course, I wonder where on earth the horn section is hiding when I watch this, but they could be just outside of the camera's reach...

And that brings me to the lovely topic of selecting a soundtrack for my next novel, TCW. It's a definite go -- I've really, really, for sure, for sure started to write it. And it's all because I've joined Michelle Rowen and her group of writers-in-arms in the latest edition of the Write-Ons! Woo hoo!

Selecting a soundtrack has proved to be harder than I thought since there are so many excellent songs out there. Some of them have even been recorded since 1986. ;)

Here's what I have so far:

Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
Help! (The Beatles)
Makes Me Wonder (Maroon 5)
Respect (Aretha Franklin)
Midnight Confessions (The Grass Roots)
When Doves Cry (Prince)
Can U Feel It (The Jackson 5)

And, tempted as I am, I will not be including:

Girlfriend (Avril Lavigne)
Beatufiul Disaster (Kelly Clarkson)
or
Big Girls Don't Cry (Fergie)

Of course, I'll probably change my mind a gazillion times before I load up my M3P player, but that's okay.

Which songs motivate you?

Labels: