To some, October means the start of holiday shopping or Halloween. To me, October signals the last gasp to complete the goals I made for 2007. In just three short months will I be able to make this the year that sees me accomplish all that I set out to do?

Yeah, it totally makes me panic.

While September gave me that "hurray - let's learn something and buy new clothes" feeling, October just has me running scared. In 90 days I will be facing a brand new list of goals for 2008...will it have the foundation of a bunch of completed ones from 2007?

Of course it will. :::takes another swig of Diet Coke:::

The past few days took me way out (Way out! That's where the fun is...) of my comfort zone as I actively participated in a networking event. These are events where I normally scan the area for ballot boxes and snack foods, and then head for a dark corner where I can sip my drink and perhaps chat with another person who fears networking as much as I do.

Putting myself out there for all to see is easy; what's hard is putting myself out there with a purpose. This time it was to let other women entrepreneurs know about http://www.womencandoanything.com/ , the website I edit, and have them sign up for our newsletter (which you should if you haven't already, hint, hint) and join our business directory.

And asking is one of the hardest things for me to do, yet it's the most important thing you can do no matter what business you're in or your goals are.

What is it that you need right now? A referral? Advice? A bamboo steamer? Why not pick up the phone or send an email and ask two people to help you get it?

It's not that hard...and it's a skill I need to master now that I've got procrastination down pat. :)

Labels: ,