And no, this post has nothing to do with renewable resources or global warming. ;)

I'm talking about being green with envy, the other four-letter word that starts with E. The primary one is evil, in case you wanted to know, but you can't be green with evil unless you're the Wicked Witch of the West. And she wasn't evil, just misunderstood. ;)

Where was I? Oh, right: envy. What has encouraged this outpouring of an emotion that I try to avoid dipping a toe into? Great words by so many others!

It's all because I took a look at my staggering TBR (to be read) pile and struggled to select a novel to reward myself with as I wrap things up before the holidays.

While I'd normally find motivation, celebration and overall excitement by reading great books, I'm afraid these fabulous words have sent my muse sobbing into the corner. She refuses to come back out until I present her with a box of Godivas, a case of Diet Coke and a scantily clad Josh Holloway.

And I'll be damned if I'm going to stop reading; it's my reward for working so darn hard for the past few weeks. And something that I look forward to doing on long subway rides or to round out the end of a long day. But the sniffling in the background is really distracting at times, especially when she's blowing her nose and muttering: "I'm not worthy" every so often.

What's a writer to do?

The chocolates and Diet Cokes have been strategically placed near the computer desk, now if only I could come through on that last request...

Labels: ,