Funny, but putting the finishing touches on my novel feels like I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo. My eyes hurt, my hands are cramped and it's only the second day of the month-long event.

I'm just adding in stuff I already should have about describing where the heck my characters are and those other pesky details like time of day, atmosphere, names of people...

Just checking.

I'm totally freaking out, but handling it well by staying in flannel pajamas until all of my edits are done. You should have seen the look on the deliverywoman's face when I opened the door to accept receipt of a package around lunchtime today. (It was the blender I won last month - woo hoo!)

I have also not allowed myself to watch last night's episode of Lost, nor will I complete an application form to be on Deal or No Deal when it comes to Canada for a week in January. All will have to wait until the pages are printed out and placed into funky binders for the betas.

Oh, I better go pick up some binders. ;)

With all this novel writing though, I have not been as dedicated to generating new magazine ideas and sending out a minimum of two query letters a week. It was down to two a month for October, and I only have three articles on my plate to complete over the next month.

This is not good news if I wanted to use this additional income to take over the world. Or even a tiny corner of it.

Of course, the holiday season is when most companies need a freelance editor, proofer or writer to come in and cover vacations, shopping spree days or even tackle all the stuff that they want off the list by the end of the year. My inbox is slowly filling with questions about my availability for the weeks around Christmas and New Year's, so that's good.

Too bad I'd rather work on some magazine articles instead. ;)

Oh, and I can't forget about the Golden Heart entry deadline of December 4.

Shoot, forget I said anything about wanting more writing projects to drop out of the sky, I think I'm good.

P.S. My You Bet Your Ass episode airs tonight at 7:30 p.m. EST on Canada's Comedy network.