Is there a reason why gum filled with liquid flavour pockets is so darn popular?

I just don't get it.

Having a burst of fruit flavour at the outset of a good chew doesn't really help with the whole "it's done" syndrome that usually hits you at about chew 42. Not that anyone over here at Casa Staring is counting or anything.

Wouldn't it be better to have some kind of gum that, after being declared tasteless, suddenly had a burst of flavour? That would be cool. Especially if it didn't take out the eye of the person sitting across from you, as it seems to happen in the current commercials.

We could call it Last Blast or AfterBurster or something.

It really doesn't matter to me, since I rarely chew gum. ;)

Just received my RWA Golden Heart entry confirmation today. And now the Penguins of Panic have me on speed dial again. Sigh. Back to the edits...