His name is Zaphod, in honour of DH's love for all things Douglas Adams. He fits in one hand and squeaks like a little rubber toy (and no, it's not because I'm squeezing him!). The wee little bundle was discovered in our back yard on Wednesday evening. We waited for his mom to return, but she appears to have been gone for a while, based on how hungry this unweaned little fella still is. Luckily we have eyedroppers in this household for some reason.

We estimate that he's between two and three weeks old, and he's quite wobbly on his feet. When Zaphod was discovered by the DH, both of our neighbours insisted that we take him in. At the time, I was enjoying a meal with Michelle, not realizing what the fates had in store for my five-houseplant household.
Zaphod and I enjoy naps and Dr. Phil (on the loaner TV). Funny, I've always considered myself a dog person, but I think I'm just a sucker for a small bundle of fur who needs some help to discover what being a cat is all about.
Oh my goodness, I've turned into a crazy cat lady already! Good thing I'm not allergic, I think. ;)

Labels: