Oh gawd it's been a horrid day for me. I even deleted the original blog post I had up for today because that even bugged me too. ;)

So I thought I'd try to change my perspective a wee bit (like 180 degrees!) by creating a list of the top ten things that make me happy:

1. Popcorn
If I were trapped in my house for an extended period of time, I'd be fine as long as I had a case of microwave popcorn -- the half the fat yet still buttery kind.

2. Swing sets
Even though some of those seats tend to crush my hip bones, I still get a kick out of going for a swing. Heck, you could call me a swinger and I wouldn't take offense. ;)

3. Flannel sheets
Living in Canada, I'd label these as a necessity instead of luxury. I just have to make sure I use cling-free sheets or else my hair sticks straight out with all the static electricity those things can generate.

4. Grape Crush
An item reserved only for low blood-sugar moments, this is my "bring me back to lucidity" drink of choice. Despite heroic efforts, sugar-free versions of the stuff just don't cut it.

5. Coupons
I can't help it. Coupons are too awesome not to mention here! My husband and I actually end up spending many a New Year's Eve day in the grocery store, cashing them all in before they expire.

6. Contests
Even if I don't win all the time, it's still fun to enter. And when I get that email, phone call or letter to let me know that I'm a wiener...that's when all things are right in the world. ;)

7. Great friends
You know who you are and without you, I'd be a very lonely woman with no one to share in all of our crazy adventures, yummy snack foods or re-gifted items.

8. Insane family members
Thanks for all those great gifts. ;) Seriously, these people have taught me right from wrong, how to properly wrap tin foil around my head and how to keep one conversation going for at least 20 years.

9. My Dear Husband
For those not in the know, he's the DH who keeps getting mentioned here...and I wouldn't be here without him. He's my knight in shining armor, Mr. Clean and Tardis operator all in one.

10. Zaphod, the kitten of destruction
While DH should get top billing, I just had to switch their places so that I could show off this great photo that Michelle took of the two of us just before Halloween (and no, he's not on crack!):

Labels: , ,