Now that I've done my best to achieve the goals I set for myself in 2007, it's time to focus on 2008: the year that I will make things happen.

Yeah, can you tell I've been reading The Secret again? *g*

So, in no particular order, I present my goals for 2008:

1. Get healthy
Eat better. Exercise more. Yadda yadda yadda...but I mean it this time. Stamped saved and everything.

2. Land at least two more magazine columns
This would be a great way to offset the peaks and valleys of a freelance income, and provide more regular writing gigs to help keep my writing muscle in shape.

3. Do what it takes to land an agent
Polish those query letters, actually send them out, make sure my sample chapters sparkle...you know, all the stuff those books and sites on writing a novel tell you to do. Sheesh!

4. Finish current WIP
I missed my initial deadline of today by a mile, so I've extended it until January 30. This first draft must get done so that I can get the next book idea out of my head. Which bring me to:

5. Write DD
This was the second book that happened to make its way into my first draft of H&B (thanks again to Michelle and Laurie for pointing that out). The two characters I removed from that novel deserve their own book, so I'm gonna write it. In 2008.

6. More magazine articles
In 2007 I gave myself the challenge of sending out one magazine article query letter a week, so for 2008 I'm kicking it up a notch. Now I'm challenging myself to send out two a week and see if that will double my article sales!

7. Make time to write the novels
I do so much better when I work on a book every day, so why the heck aren't I doing that? :::scratches head::: Okay, an hour a day it is then. No stress of word or page counts, just me and my handy little oven timer.

8. A day off
I spent a lot of time in 2007 working, which made me a total bi-atch to live with or even visit. So I'm embracing the day-off concept where I take a day off from the writing world and become a human being again. Maybe I'll even talk to the DH or something. ;)

9. A trip...or three
With RWA already on the list, I'd like to take another trip or two, even if it's just a wee getaway to another town or province, just for a cool change of scene.

10. More new stuff
This is almost a completed item already, but I'm not gonna say anything until contracts are signed and schedules are lined up. Actually, this may cross a few items off this list. I'll keep you posted.

BONUS ITEM: Have way more fun
The last month or so has been downright icky, and that needs to change. Starting now.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have yourself a fabulous New Year! Remember to use all those coupons before it's too late or you might have to beg for dinner like poor little Zaphod...



What do you have in store for 2008?

Labels: ,