That's how I feel when it snows and the white stuff covers everything. It also helps when I have a kitten blissfully snoozing nearby with his belly exposed for all the world to see.

The past few weeks have been a real pain in the arse for me. Mainly because I have too many marshmallows in the campfire and all of them are crispy. Le sigh.

The silly thing is that this madness is totally self-inflicted. I see a gap in my work schedule and, like Lara, strive to fill it with more work. Then I end up with even more on my plate than before and wonder what happened. Never does it occur to me during those quiet times to do something as mundane as filing or finding the dining room. That's something I can do on weekends or when I should be asleep. ;)

Earlier this week Molly did a great post on filling the well that got me thinking about what I do to ensure that my muse is satisfied (after Josh Holloway leaves the building) and that I actually sit down and write despite the five gazillion other things I need to do.

:::thanks the heavens that she only has a cat and five houseplants:::

So I realized that the key to getting my butt in the chair, which I need to do in order to complete my WIP, is to get a new office chair. Okay, I'm kidding.

I think what might just work for me is giving myself a goal of five pages a day. This isn't rocket science; it's something that's been done by many writers before.

It's up to me to see how quickly I can burn through them. And if I write more than five, I can't carry the extra pages over into the next day. That's what I did before and it killed any momentum I had built up by working every day. Well, more like three days on, five or six days off. Starting today I'm going for five pages a day, six days a week. Boo-yeah!

And if that doesn't work, I may just have to start using an outline instead of pantsing (aka writing by the seat of my pants). Eek! No pants? It's too cold to try that.

:::wraps herself up in a blanket to keep warm:::

Labels: ,