Ramping up for RWA
Monday, January 21, 2008
For me, this is a huge step as this represents a huge commitment to my writing career. Not that I wasn't committed before, mind you, but to voluntary put myself in an environment where I can rub shoulders with the who's who in the industry -- and lots of other crazy people -- will certainly help me explore breaking into and being successful as an author.
Plus, the hotel has a pool. ;)
In order to prepare, I've added a few more things to my to-do list:
1. Memorize elevator speech about already completed manuscript.
2. Finish current manuscript.
3. Write and memorize elevator speech for that manuscript too.
4. Study photos of the people I want to meet so I can spot them at the pool.
5. Figure out all the places I want to check out in San Francisco.
6. Tattoo the synopsis for each novel somewhere on my body for easy reference.
Hmm, I'm wondering if I should go with the long or short versions of my synopses. ;)
posted by Bonnie Staring at 3:41 PM