Oh, how my feet ache. I love New York! Michelle and I had a jam-packed five days and now we both need a month to recover.

Michelle took all the photos, so I'll post some once she relinquishes the files. Our highest highlight was the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Centre), which, though not as tall at the Empire State Building, offered almost-instant entry (Empire was a one-hour wait last time) and an unobstructed view of the city (Empire has a wire fence that's almost impossible to photograph through).

We also saw Fantasia (of American Idol fame) take the stage in The Color Purple. It was fabulous...and Paula Abdul was in the audience and everything! I was all ready to follow her to the ladies room but Michelle held me back.

I also foiled Michelle's bartering tactics in the purchase of a lovely Coach knock-off by holding out a $20 to her after she told the vendor she only had $23, not $30. Oops. sorry about that! I was off my garage-sale game, big time!

Shopping was disappointing, but I think I had my hopes up way too darn high. ;) Michelle helped me find a pair of fantastic pants by Ralph Lauren, so all was not lost. I think between the two of us we purchased about 10 bags of some shape or form.

There's way too much to cover in one blog post, so I'll add bits throughout the week as I unpack my stuff...how it all fit into my suitcase I'll never know.

The best part of the trip is how inspired I feel to get H&B (new title of my WIP) done. 10 pages of revisions a day, no problem. It's totally possible.