It's official -- I'm spending all of my money so that I can attend the 2008 Romance Writers of America convention this July. Yahoo!

For me, this is a huge step as this represents a huge commitment to my writing career. Not that I wasn't committed before, mind you, but to voluntary put myself in an environment where I can rub shoulders with the who's who in the industry -- and lots of other crazy people -- will certainly help me explore breaking into and being successful as an author.

Plus, the hotel has a pool. ;)

In order to prepare, I've added a few more things to my to-do list:

1. Memorize elevator speech about already completed manuscript.
2. Finish current manuscript.
3. Write and memorize elevator speech for that manuscript too.
4. Study photos of the people I want to meet so I can spot them at the pool.
5. Figure out all the places I want to check out in San Francisco.
6. Tattoo the synopsis for each novel somewhere on my body for easy reference.

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should go with the long or short versions of my synopses. ;)


Labels: , ,