The DH and I saw Wicked last night. I have now placed it at the top of my list of favourite musicals to see over and over again. I laughed, I cried, I even discovered that flying monkeys aren't all that bad, just misunderstood.

If you can, see it. Fly to NYC or catch it if the touring company stops in near your hometown. The dialogue is delightful, the songs are totally CD-purchase worthy and you'll never be able to see The Wizard of Oz in the same light again. Even if you're listening to Dark Side of the Moon at the same time.

It's all about perspective. Big time.

And this was one of the few times where the show surpassed the novel. While Gregory Maguire's tale was intriguing, the musical filled in even more of the gaps between where the book left off and Dorothy's unexpected arrival.

I'm still giddy and trying to decide how many days I should wait before I see it again... if I could get tickets of course. (Ours from last night were purchased in May.)

Okay, back to finishing the last of the offline edits... have I told you that the honeymoon is over yet? :::hangs head and sobs quietly so that coworkers aren't disturbed:::

Oh shoot, I'm supposed to be working.