The DH installed Google Earth a few weeks ago. Since IT means something completely different to me (intestinal trauma), I stayed away while he would stare at the screen intently, letting out a small chuckle every now and then.

Tonight, after a particular harrowing day after dealing with corporate communications with only the Chicago Guide of Style to protect me, the DH said he wanted to show me something on the computer.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking: British motor parts gone wild, the Doctor Who fan site or www.marmite.com :::shivers:::

Instead, we went on a trip around the world. Started at our place, which had a little cloud cover over the horking neighbour's place across the street, then headed south. Manhattan is awesome, all done up in 3-dimensional (or as close as you can get to it) splendour.

It was very cool. And the discount ticket line didn't look too long.

We crossed the pond over to Duxford airfield in England, where some vintage aircraft was positioned on the field for an air show. Neat, if you're into that kind of thing. Then, DH told me to keep my eyes peeled, and we flew back across the Atlantic and the U.S., hovering over Area 51 ever-so-briefly until we hit pay dirt: the set of The Price Is Right.

Now I know just how to get there if I pick up a transporter on eBay. ;)

Of course, this makes me wonder what places other people are looking up on Google Earth. Could it really be considered spying? I mean, it's not like it's a live feed or anything. These are just satellite images from all over the place...that have been up there spying on us for quite some time, I'm sure. It's just that now we have access to them.

Oh, hang on, I think that's Big Brother on the line...