Okay, I really shouldn't complain, but it appears that one of the benefits of working out regularly (and embarrassing yourself on national television) is weight loss...or loss of inches...or simply being able to pull off your pants or shorts without having to unbutton them.

Long story short: The DH and I were going grocery shopping (yes, coupons were used) and I decided to "travel light" and not bother with my purse. So I stuck my keys and lip balm into my pocket and carried my handy-dandy coupon holder.

So there I was, feeling free without being dragged down by a handbag, prancing up and down the cereal aisle when the DH said: "You're losing your shorts."

"Don't you mean marbles?" I replied, reaching up for a package of cereal that was on sale (and I had a coupon for).

And that's when I felt the breeze.

There I was, in the local grocery store, showing the world that I really like colorful underwear. My shorts had travelled about six inches down sometime between the dairy products and canned goods. Another inch and they would have been past the point of no returns or exchanges. And now I had the attention of a few shoppers.

"Nice problem to have," one cranky shopper said as she walked by.

And yeah, I guess it is. ;)

So here's where I need your help. I'm entered in a contest to win a $5,000 wardrobe -- and I need to get the highest number of votes to win. So please, if you have the time or inclination to vote once a day, every day until June 30, it will mean that I will be able to grocery shop without exposing myself ever again. Or at least not unintentionally. ;)

Here's the link: http://www.thebay.com/stores/shop/content/en/bay/contest_reveal_fashion#storyID=8393496

Thanks for your help! My neighbors will really appreciate it!

Labels: ,