As I warned you in my last post, I thought it was about high time I checked in on the goals I had for 2008:

1. Get healthy
STATUS: Done like dinner! Thanks to Stuck, I can honestly say that I'm healthier than I've ever been. Now I just have to keep it up.

2. Land at least two more magazine columns
STATUS: Working on it.

3. Do what it takes to land an agent
STATUS: Working on it...and RWA Nationals is right around the corner.

SIDEBAR: Actually, I really need to work on this. When Michelle did a "pretend I'm an agent" over dinner with me this evening, I stared at her blankly and then ran off to the bathroom. Not a good start. ;) She said something about having my pitch ready...oh yeah, my pitch...I thought she was talking about something completely different, like I was a pimp or something. LOL

4. Finish current WIP
STATUS: Done! Woo hoo!

5. Write DD
STATUS: Not gonna do that one. The idea is nice and all, but it's not jumping up and down and doing cheerleading routines like my other idea, which I'll call CA. While CA's outline needs whole lotta work, it's the next book I want to write.

6. More magazine articles
STATUS: Done! Keeping up with two queries a week without difficulty. Article sales could be better, but I have been published in new publications, which is always a good thing.

7. Make time to write the novels
STATUS: Doing it! This really worked with the last WIP, so once I'm ready to start the next one, I will try to write at least an hour a day to keep things going.

8. A day off
STATUS: Yeah, right. Easy to say, hard to do. It doesn't seem as necessary now that I'm working out on a regular basis. I try to get in a least a little bit of quality veg time every day. And I'm not talking about carrots.

9. A trip...or three
STATUS: Done! Saint John in June, San Francisco in August and New York in September. Plus, I won a weekend spa getaway, which my husband and I will be enjoying sometime this winter. Yeah!

10. More new stuff
STATUS: Done! Did some workshops this year, which are always fun. Enjoying some new authors and some old ones too. ;)

BONUS ITEM: Have way more fun
STATUS: Totally done! Appearing in a TV show and trying kickboxing, yoga, spinning, beach volleyball and running an obstacle course was waaay more fun than I ever thought it would be. But now what am I gonna do to round out the rest of the year?

Wow, seven out of 11 goals done already? That's pretty darn cool...and I still have 5-1/2 more months to take care of the rest. Now I know why I'm feeling so sleepy. ;)

Labels: ,