It appears that five years is the length of time it takes for a world-changing event to become open game for the media. I am not above this as I spent most of the past 48 hours watching these 9/11 programs and dramnatizations.

I can't begin to comprehend what the families of those who lost their lives due to these terrorist acts went through and are still going through. Your grief must be overwhelming due to the constant reminder with every newscast and post-9/11 reference made in our daily lives.

This isn't a time when your loved ones need to be referred to as heroes or victims; they are souls who are sorely missed. Loved ones who for some have not been able to properly grieve as media hounds seek you out to get a sound bite about how you feel and how you have "recovered".

For those who have not been able to find a shred of peace, my heart goes out to you and I hope that you will be able to gain the solace you need despite the public grief that surrounds the events that caused your loss.

My thoughts are with you, no matter what the date on the calendar reads.