Wednesday, January 30, 2008
But I lurve things like this, so here I go:
Ten signs that a book is written by me:
1. My heroine always goes after Mr. Wrong first.
2. In my first drafts, my characters eat about fifteen meals in the first three chapters.
3. I use asides (sentence fragments). A lot.
4. There are oodles of pop culture references.
5. There are dance breaks. (Kidding. For now.)
6. My heroines have friends to talk to, unlike those romances I used to read waaay back when the heroine was a nanny working on a remote island and the hero didn't admit his feelings for her until the very last chapter.
7. I tend to have casts of thousands until my beta-readers get back to me.
8. You'll never find characters with two first names. Like Guy Richie or David David. ;)
9. There will be at least one scene when my character has to buy something.
10. There will be no axe-wielding murderers.
Hmm, maybe I could squeeze an axe-wielding murderer into my current WIP. ;)
I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free try this out if ya wanna.