Okay, looks like I'm not going to be appearing on You Bet Your Ass, the Comedy Network show I auditioned for a while back. Boo-hoo.

What bugs me is that not only did I NOT receive the "sorry, you're even more of a loser than you thought you were" call, I kind of guessed that I hadn't made the cut when I noticed an ad for more contestant wannabes on craigslist. Ouch.

That's okay though, because tomorrow I'm auditioning for a bit part in a music video. It's for a grocery shopper who scans the aisles for bargains. I think I'm a natural! I may even bring my coupon file (yes, I have one) with me.

And I apologize for the sparse bloggage. It's been an interesting month. Cue music for the highlights:

3 magazine articles, all deadlines met (WOOT!)
4 freelance editing/writing/proofing gigs, still alive despite this last one
SPAMALOT! (TRIPLE WOOT!)
This is beginning to sound like the 12 Days of Christmas...in July...with WOOTs. Time to get back to sentences.

I've done a whole bunch (okay, not 23K, but a bunch nonetheless) of writing on the WIP, but in longhand. Must spend entire weekend typing.

And, to make things even more fun, I completely forgot that I entered the NYC Midnight Screenwriter's Challenge. It starts tomorrow at midnight - I'll have to write a short screenplay (max 20 pages) in a week on a randomly selected subject in one of 20 genres. Last year I had to do a drama on unemployment. It blew chunks. Big time.

Now I need a serious nap. Until September.